If you’re looking to buy or sell your practice, Contact Us. We focus on helping dentists buy or sell their practice (among other things). We do a number of closings every month, and we’re two lawyers on every file.
So what’s generally involved in buying a dental practice? A lot! Some of the questions we generally ask are:
- Are you buying/selling assets or shares of a dentistry professional corporation?
- What is the purchase price?
- How many active patients are there?
- What is the status of the assets and equipment?
- What is the status of the employees?
- What is the status of the lease?
- Is real estate being sold as well?
- Will the vendor be staying on as an associate after the sale?
- How will the purchaser and vendor transition the sale (amongst their staff, suppliers, patients, etc.)?
- When is the closing?
- What stage are the negotiations at?
- What due diligence has been done (financial, minute book, auditing the charts, sending in an inspector to assess the equipment, etc.)?
- How is financing being addressed?
Each deal is different from all others and will depend on the nuances of the specific circumstances.
The Content of this post is provided for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be legal, financial, tax, or other professional advice of any kind. You are advised to contact DMC (or other counsel) to seek specific legal advice concerning your individual situation.