If you’re looking to buy or sell your practice, Contact Us. We focus on helping dentists buy or sell their practice (among other things). We do a number of closings every month, and we’re two lawyers on every file.
So what’s generally involved in buying a dental practice? A lot! Some of the questions we generally ask are:
- Are you buying/selling assets or shares of a dentistry professional corporation?
- What is the purchase price?
- How many active patients are there?
- What is the status of the assets and equipment?
- What is the status of the employees?
- What is the status of the lease?
- Is real estate being sold as well?
- Will the vendor be staying on as an associate after the sale?
- How will the purchaser and vendor transition the sale (amongst their staff, suppliers, patients, etc.)?
- When is the closing?
- What stage are the negotiations at?
- What due diligence has been done (financial, minute book, auditing the charts, sending in an inspector to assess the equipment, etc.)?
- How is financing being addressed?
Each deal is different from all others and will depend on the nuances of the specific circumstances.